Hi, I am adopting a 9 month old baby and suddenly this is happening quickly. I don't have his room set up yet. For now, I would like him to sleep in our room but we are limited on space. Any suggestions? I'm thinking he is too old for a mini crib? Will a pack n play work? Please help! Thank you.

Hi, I am open to any suggestions on what my baby can sleep in until we have his own room ready. This is for two reasons. The first is that we just don't have time to set up his room before he comes home and the second is that being new parents, we are nervous and want him with us at first. Our room is limited on space.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 9 months, a pack n play is just fine temporarily. I used one on my kids til they were 1 year old.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:55 PM on May. 1, 2010

• a pack and play should work just fine. and you can fold it up whenever you aren't using it. i set up camp in my living room for a while, because it was just so much easier and spacious.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 12:56 PM on May. 1, 2010

• http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

Side car your crib!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 1:07 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Do you have an IKEA store near you? They have wonderful space saving cribs. The mattresses can be set at a high level for a small baby or lower for older ones (like a 9 month old). They also convert to a youth bed when the child is ready for one.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Pack-N-Plays aren't supposed to be used for overnight sleep. It can be dangerous and the pad is too thin for the baby's developing body. The instructions advise against overnight sleep.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:50 PM on May. 1, 2010

• i woudln't keep a child in a raised pack and play. i would line the bottom of the playpen with blankets. he will be fine. it's not about WHAT he's in....it's his comfort.
    salute to you!
    hard_hat_mommie

Answer by hard_hat_mommie at 2:41 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Oh Brother. I dont think the kid is going to have life long problems from sleeping in a pack & play for a few months.

- I think the pack & play would be your best option. I agree that having him in your room in the beginning would be best. Especially while building a bond & trust. :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:32 PM on May. 1, 2010

• in a pinch the packnplay would work
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:41 PM on May. 1, 2010

• He'll be fine in a pack n play for awhile. Don't stress the small stuff!!!
    babynurse244

Answer by babynurse244 at 6:09 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I always used a playpen padded nicely with blankies for antime we traveled. It worked perfect.. I also used it for nap time as I located it in the living rm and that way I could do my housework and keep an eye on the baby.
    cracklinbread

Answer by cracklinbread at 7:08 PM on May. 1, 2010