if you make your own cloth wipes/diaper wipe solution....

ok my son is 2 so it is a bit too late to make a million wipes or a huge bottle of solution since he's close to the potty training age, but I would like some information. I don't cloth diaper, so I wouldnt be throwing cloth wipes in with cloth diapers....would the oils of the wipes ruin regular laundry? would it even be worth making cloth wipes if you have to wash them with nothing else? And for wipe solutions, which is better...pouring over a paper towel or in spray bottle? I'd be too nervous about mold growth though...

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:56 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• try a rag and water .... i dont buy wipes, only rag and water.... helps so my kids do not get diaper rash. i do not use cloth diapers bc i CAN not deal with poop from 2 kids like that lol.
    Anonymous

• all I ever did was plain warm water and flannel cloth wipes. never used a solution.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• thank you ladies! in times of desperation I've used only water too and it worked just fine! sometimes i also used a little jojoba oil for the vitamin e
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:42 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Before I started using cloth wipes I just bought a roll of soft paper towels, sawed it in half with a sharp knife, put it in a container filled with a solution of 1tbs baby wash, 1tbs baby or olive oil, and 2 cups water. We had to stop this because at that time my son was super sensitive to baby wash and we had to buy him special washes for bathing.

You just put the solution in the container, stick the whole half of roll (cardboard center piece and all) in the solution, wait thirty minutes, and turn it over so it gets fully wet. Then you just pull out the soggy cardboard leaving a bit of the paper towel sticking up where you pull from the get a wet wipe. Doing this, I never had a problem with molding or anything.

Now I use cloth wipes with an aloe vera solution that I just spray on or wet a batch for the day.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:14 PM on May. 1, 2010

• We used baby wash cloths and water; olive oil when needed for the "crusties"

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 PM on May. 1, 2010