Can you get a false neg for HCG blood test?

My husband and I dicovered that I haven't had a cycle since March 1st, but the hcg testing came back neg. Everyone says maybe stress, the doc said somethings wrong but didn't schedule any kind of follow up. Is it possible I'm preg and it's just not showing on the tests? None of this really makes any sense, i'm usually very reg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes cause I was pregnant 7 years ago, I had two done and they both came out neg so I finally got a postivie on a hpt then had it confirmed so when I went for my first prenatal visit I asked and the nurse told me that some women do not produce the hgc hormone in their blood and I had a healthy and happy baby girl and now I am going thru the same thing again this time I had some light bleeding a couple of weeks ago but no cramping and it was not my normal period cause my normal periods are very very very heavy bleeding and cramps that are so painful that I can hardly stand up or move around and I go thru 12 to 16 pads a month this time I only went thru 2 pads and only bled for two days and I always have four day periods
    Anonymous

• Im pretty sure blood tests cannot be wrong unless its by human error, but I am not in the medical field.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 1:26 PM on May. 1, 2010