What are you entitled to as an American citizen? What do you expect from our country?

I would really like answers from all walks of life. I am curious what people's mindsets are. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• that all men and women are treated equally and the pursuit of happiness. :-D
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 1:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You are entitled to get a job and work to earn your keep. You are not entitled to having others do it for you. There is NO free ride.
    Anonymous

• ... religious freedom.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 1:25 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My rights as an American that many others fought,bled,and died for before me and continue to today.So,even those had to be worked for not handed over.Freedom is not free.I really am not entitled to a thing.I have the oppurtunity to achieve what I choose to achieve.I am not entitled to "free" anything.If I want something I have to work for that something.
    Anonymous

• You are entitled to get a job....

Wow. I think you may have just angered a whole group of SAHMs- Wonder how they're "earning their keep?"

Anonymous

• freedom of speech, freedom of religion, LIFE liberty and ther pursuit of happiness :) there are a whole bunch of things!
    I think we really need to go back to the constitution and our american history, sooo many things Americans don't even know today, so many things are not taught in schools :( and its getting worse.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:45 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You know most of us have grand parents and great grand parents who can here early in 1900's with nothing. They worked hard. Sometimes 12-16 hours a day. Their children worked. They did everything they could to carve out a better life for themselves. I can't imagine what they would think of our new welfare society that thinks everything should be handed to them.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:50 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Life, liberty and the pursuit of happieness, freedom of religion (not freedom FROM religion), the right to speak freely, the right to bear arms to have guns so that you can protect yourself from our government if it does come to that. As well as the right to be treated fairly if accused of a crime, this includes a fair and speedy trial, a jurried trial, fair treatment when being accused, or arested, and being inocent until proven guilty. These are your rights, everyone does not have the right to be happy, but they have the right to activly pursue it, thats the problem now is that people think the government needs to be taking care of them. Many in this country have lost their self reliance and that is not only harmful to the country as a whole, but to the individual as well.
    Anonymous

• yep! I agree with anon 11:05
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:17 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I am entitled to get the job I earn and work for the life I earn and make the happiness I earn for me and my family.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:21 PM on May. 1, 2010