WHY are some women on here so NASTY??

It's so frustrating!! There are some aspects of Cafemom that I REALLY enjoy-- I've met some wonderful, caring, thoughtful women, gotten some good advice and great support-- and lots of funny stories. But... I've also gotten my share of nasty, b*tchy responses to the simplest questions I ask, both in the groups and here on Answers. It seems like some women just want to ruin it for everyone. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? And... WHY? It makes me think about leaving Cafemom because every time I post something, I have to analyze it to death to make sure there's nothing that someone can snark on-- but there always seems to be anyway.

Seriously, only on Cafemom can you ask for recommendations for the best type of... I don't know... breakfast cereal, and get blasted for feeding your child breakfast. (Exaggeration, but you know what I mean!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on May. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• This question is asked everyday. Sorry you are experiencing the Drama Mammas. But everyone has their own opinions and the freedom to voice them.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:17 PM on May. 1, 2010

• who cares?? thats life.. u have them on the computer u have them off the computer not gonna change any just bc u and some others dont like it.... not trying to be "nasty" its the truth
    Anonymous

• Just ignore them. There's nothing you can do about it. You're just encouraging them by getting upset about it.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:19 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Some women are snarky and sarcastic.
    Some women are blunt.
    Some women are mean.
    Some women are too senstive.

It's just a huge mix of 1000's of personalities. That's all. You take the good with the bad. Ignore who you wish to ignore, avoid who you wish to avoid. Someone can make a sarcastic comment, a rude one, a mean one..ect.. Doesn''t mean that anyone needs to engage them. But that's what happens, someone will engage them which turns a thread into a pissing match and a bitchfest.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:40 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I have to agree with you. I just recently did a post and ended up deleting it because i had a few woman that left nasty comments. Not something i would like to read during my last few weeks of pregnancy. I thought this was suppose to be a place of support and love?
    LoveBaby2010

Answer by LoveBaby2010 at 1:46 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Like pixie trix said..its a lot of personalites thrown into one site here and you will getting all sorts of different responses. You cant post a simple question without it attracting some people to mess it up. Its their problem, not yours. Pick the responses that will help you and ignore the nasty ones
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 1:59 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Not everyone is a happy person. Instead of looking towards positive and giving contructive critism they like to tear down and be negative about everything and anything. I don't like it either, so I just report them, and let CafeMom be the judge.
    Anonymous

• Some women like to behave like that it gives their meaningless existence some excitement I just move on from people like that. Smile shake your head and laugh people who do things like this are hardly worth a second of your time. Smile and know it feels good to never have to carry around all of that bitterness.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:16 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I know.At 1st I was so excited to be able to ask questions and be able to get advice.NOW I just get told Im horrible all the time.AND If I didnt post ANON I would get crap in my mail box.Some people just have NO lives.They are sad pathetic women that think they know it all.Google degree mamas.It just takes one person to ruin the WHOLE post that is JUST for fun. YOUr stupid,YOur uneducated,you cant spell,your blah blah. They dont realize that they are a bully or maybe they do.BUT I can bet you this They would NEVER say it to MY face or anyone.
    They are far from perfect moms.As you can see they has issues and they just take it out on people over the internet lol.BIG brave mamas they are.
    Anonymous

• NO SOME WOMEN ON HERE ARE STRAIGHT BITHES AND DISRESPECTFUL. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OPINIONATED AND JUST PLAIN BITCHY. WE NEED TO REPORT THEM AND GET THEM OFF OF HERE.
    I WAS ON THE VERGE OF CRYING ONCE BECAUSE OF A RUDE MOM. IT WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION AND TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR RESPONSE.

WERE HERE TO SUPPORT EACHOTHER NOT TEAR EACHOTHER DOWN.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:18 PM on May. 1, 2010