potty training, help!

my daughter was so easy to potty train, she had a sticker chart and sometimes she'd get a jellybean. now, i'm trying to potty train my son and i can't get anything to work with him, stickers, jellybeans, toys, not peeing on which ever character is on his undies, does anyone have any suggestions? please help, this is day 4 of no diapers in the house and i'm still not seeing progress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• i know this is a lil weird.. but give him a mayo jar..tell him to make bubbles in it lol.... put cheerios in the potty tell him to aim at them and pee... they actually make rings for the toilet for that. my sister bought them for my nephew.. my son is too tiny to learn but i plan on using the ring idea..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:40 PM on May. 1, 2010

• why cant you have diapers in the house to potty train? To potty train my daughter I let her wear pull ups until she got really goos about actually going in the toilet when she had to but anyways We just made sure that she sat on the toilet for like ten min after having drinks... and that we asked her a lot... and remember not all kids are ready at the same time.... maybe he's just not ready
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 1:46 PM on May. 1, 2010

• pull ups didnt work on my daughter we went straight to panties..yes there were messes, there still is but its part of learning and she is getting it,.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:53 PM on May. 1, 2010

• just stick to what you are doing. I never used charts ot stickers, just overally positive praise. My youngest is 21 months and potty trained, he did it in about 5 days.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• For my two daughters it wasn't until day 5 or 6 that we saw real progress... I'd stick with it. Make sure you're focused on him and catching the accidents as they happen and moving him to the potty right away. If you notice 5 minutes later, he's already forgotten the feeling he had right before he had to go...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:39 PM on May. 1, 2010