My 13 month old has a slight cough. Can I give her anything?

She has a slight cough, has gotten a little worse in last 24 hours. No fever and no runny nose or sneezing. What is the best thing to do for her? Any meds? Humidifier at night?? Will take her to doctor on Monday. (It is Saturday.)

hollysybb

Asked by hollysybb at 2:00 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get her cough meds for a 2 yr old.. cut the dose in half... she will be fine.. if shes a bigger baby then she could prob have as much as a 2 yr old
    Anonymous

• try lipton's green tea with honey, instead of water put milk in it. I give that to my tots whenever they caugh. Also, I don't know if she's still too small for this, but the puntini fruity menthol chips work well too. THey're sized for little ones and melt rather quickly- you can get them at macy's.
    manifer_momma

Answer by manifer_momma at 2:34 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would do warm milk with honey. No juice, the acids can irritate the throat even more. If it really hurts her when she coughs, her throat is sore, might offer her a dose of Motrin, especially before bedtime to help her fall asleep through the coughing.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:33 PM on May. 1, 2010

• The Dr. calls in Cphen drops for my son when he has a cough. hes 19 months.. If you do have cough meds for a 2yr old or more just do the lowest dose and only do HALF of the lowest dose
    AJsMomma08

Answer by AJsMomma08 at 4:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• DO NOT give her cough meds. there is an age limit on it for a reason and if it is a slight cough a humidifier and some baby vicks rub( the BABY kind) will help tons!! And warm drink too. Dont medicate her with cold meds.
    Anonymous