Where can I get a GREAT attorney to help with an interstate child custody case?

My son is 15 years old and wants to come live with me. He was with me for the first 8 years of his life and I allowed him to go live with his dad temporarily til I got moved into a new home and town with a good job. Withing weeks his dad played the system saying I abandoned my son and he couldnt find me. He knew where I was, he lied to the courts. Later we went back to court, he told the judge he was afraid that if I had unsupervised visitation, that I would leave the state and he'd never see "his" son again. He was awarded full custody and I was to receive supervised visits 15 days a year. Within months of that, he moved out of the state and I wasnt allowed to see my son until Christmas of last year, when my ex's wife left him. Then she came back. My son was going to be allowed to be allowed to come down for his sisters High Shool graduation, but today his dad went back on that because he hasnt received his child support.

sassyitaliancat

Asked by sassyitaliancat at 2:02 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would call your family support division at your local court and ask what to do. Good luck. That situation sounds like a real pain!
    Anonymous

• Contact your state's bar association

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on May. 1, 2010