how do i get my 2 year old to get rid of his binky all together??

just broke him of it during the day, but still sleeps with it

connorsmommy418

Asked by connorsmommy418 at 2:12 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• say you "lost" it or replace it with a teddy bear or something sounds like a security blanket...jsut take it away
    Anonymous

• I broke my boys cold turkey. Seriously, they gave me hell for about two days and then it was over..
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 2:14 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Wait until he outgrows it. There is no need to take it away. Most 'experts' agree that pacifiers won't hurt teeth until 4 or older.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:15 PM on May. 1, 2010

• blah blah blah pp 15.....you also think they should stay on the boob until they are 5
    Anonymous

• make him help you pack them up in a bag and "send off" in the mail to the babys that need them pack up everyone of them so you will not be tempted to give it to him any no matter how much he cries
    Anonymous

• Throw it out.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:19 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Binky fairy came and took it. Worked for my dd
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 2:37 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would throw them all away,and tell the child that they went home, and let them cry it out...it may be hell for a couple of days/nights but that stuff is temporary...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I agree with Gailll. It is easy to come on here and ask other Mom's but in fairness to your child please consult your doctor or a professional. I have consulted a Child Development Specialist that teaches and the University that my husbands attends and works for. He told me not to take it away as it can cause complication emotionally and there is no repercussions to take it away. To ask a two your old to send something "far away" seems ridiculous "far away" is a big concept for a child at this strange. Making them go cold turkey (furthermore I would question at what age that was because it is much earlier to take a binki from a 6 month old than a very established 2 year old) I think (from the child's point of view that is always what Psychologist say what is the view from the child's perspective) would to them seem you were just being mean or cruel. Also another problem to the cold turkey method is that they use there bink

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 2:44 PM on May. 1, 2010

• When my oldest was 2, we "lost" his - he cried for one night and then never asked for it again.

Answer by missanc at 2:44 PM on May. 1, 2010