I found metal shavings in childrens motrin.

I see there was a recall on tylenol and motrin so i was checking the numbers and i notice something in the bottom of the bottle i poored it out into a bowl and fished a piece of it out and it was metal shavings. My dd had a fever last might and i gave her some of it last night. I am not sure what to do should i take her to the doctor or just watch her and make sure she's not having a reaction.

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 2:19 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i ran out of tylenol and my ds is teething.. glad i didn;t go buy more i guess i'll stick to teething tablets and oragel! hope your baby is okay
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would call poison control to talk it over with someone who can get the information needed right at their fingertips. I wouldn't really worry though, kids eat all kinds of things and are fine. 1-800-222-1222
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• The recall has nothing to do with metal shavings. I agree that you need to call poison control NOW and find out what to do. If you are sure it is tampering your daughter's life is in danger. The medication needs to be analyzed to find out what the shavings are. It could have mercury or poison on it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:41 PM on May. 1, 2010

• The "metal Shavings" as you say are probably a piece of the top seal when you opened it and a piece fell in.
    Anonymous

• My bet is it isn't a problem but call the customer service number for Johnson and Johnson and as them. call your doctor's office if you're really concerned..
    Anonymous

• they did have a recall several months ago about metel shavings in the meds. but that was a long time ago. i do know that dollar general sells expired and old meds.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:27 PM on May. 1, 2010