swollen throat! 27 weeks pregnant.

i have a really bad cold and im severly congested! my chest hurts so bad! and i can breath out of my throat at all! im freaking out! i tried to drink something warm but that didnt work. i took one extra strenght tylenol and that didnt work either! it hurts like hell! im also getting yellow/green mucus out of my throat and chest!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• dont take any thing else without asking your doctor...get checked sounds like an infection
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:30 PM on May. 1, 2010

• i dont think its a infection because my mom and brother were sick and now i am.
    i just think i got it alot worse then they did
    amanda202010

Answer by amanda202010 at 2:32 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You may feel like you can't breathe but you must be able to or you would be dead! You need to go to an urgent care center or ER. Since you are pregnant it's important to get diagnosed and treated right away.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:34 PM on May. 1, 2010

• green or yellow sputum=infection. maybe theirs wasn't, but it's very likely yours is. i would go to urgent care. they can give you an antibiotic that is safe to use while pregnant. i've been sick SOOOO many times since i got pregnant... and it seems that it's been 10 times worse than what it normally would have been.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 2:37 PM on May. 1, 2010

• i called the er alot and all they told me was that it was just a cold.
    amanda202010

Answer by amanda202010 at 2:40 PM on May. 1, 2010

• see, thats the thing. calling, they can't really diagnose what is going on.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 2:46 PM on May. 1, 2010

• yeah, thats what i told my mom and she said she wasnt taking me because i have what she had. if i had my license i would go but i dont.
    amanda202010

Answer by amanda202010 at 2:49 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You can try gargling salt water for some relief.

Even if it is just a cold, you'll need to be extra careful about getting the oxygen you need. Keep a watch out for signs of dizziness or feeling light headed.
    Anonymous