What do you think is the biggest cause of the large amount of kids with issues like adhd and autism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• horrible parents......the mother not doing right while pregnant.. or the father being crule to the mother while pregnant.. i think is the biggest problem
    Anonymous

• Drug abuse
    Anonymous

• Environmental toxins & toxins in everyday household & beauty products.

Anonymous

• Drug abuse huh? I have NEVER taken ANY illegal drugs not even as a teenager and when I was pregnant I didn't even take a tylenol. I think the Autism is genetics and ADD is some NOT ALL parents and school don't want to try working with the child before drugs. My sons have ADD neither are on medication and I didn't inform the school because its non of their business and they are not going to treat my boys different because of a label. I think if some children were diagnosed EARLIER with social delays then the effects of Autism wouldn't be so bad. I knew there was something wrong with my daughter at 4 months old and my husband's family has a history of Autism.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Food. Junk in Junk out. There are so many non-food items in our food. Our bodies were not meant to process coal tar (artificial colors). Our bodies don't know what to do with HFCS. It can cause your pancreas to shut down. All the additives, pesticides, preservatives that are in processed foods are horrible for our bodies.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:40 PM on May. 1, 2010

• i have never done a drug smoked or was abused by my ex and i have 2 child w/autism...genetic maybe....but i am anything BUT a horrible parent and i resent you calling me or anyone with a special needs child by that label...
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of it is genetic stuff. Environmental toxins and other things can aggravate disorders that are already there. I don't know much about ADHD but I know that Autism has no link to drug use, or how someone parents.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:37 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I think it is overdiagnosis by doctors because normal kids who are a little hyper come in and parents push to get them diagnosed with something. The disorders are not on the rise, the diagnoses are. Children who truly have these diseases and aren't being misdiagnosed have genetic defects. It is not because they have horrible parents. It is not because of something that their parents have done. It is not because they drank formula or were protected against life threatening diseases through immunizations. If your child has adhd or autism, for real and you have had more than one opinion from reputable physicans then don't listen to these morons who try to blame you. It is not your fault.
    Anonymous

• all of the toxins that are put into our body, whether it be by food, environment and medically
    Anonymous

• Our tainted food supply.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 PM on May. 1, 2010