What comes to mind when a woman says she wants a man to be in control of their relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• lousy woman... i believe a woman should have say in stuff too.. if her husband does everything she will be lost if they split up.. thats part of the reason i will NEVER understand SAHMs.. i would NEVER let a man have control over our relationship and what goes on in it. i am a single mother of 2 and only 22yrs old. if it werent for me being able to fight for what i have or work the way i do. my kids and i wouldnt have anything. Im glad im a strong woman. and i feel sorry for any other mother that things men should have control bc in the end THEY WILL LOSE
    Anonymous

• I think some women like that but to each their own. I want to have my own thoughts.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:10 PM on May. 1, 2010

• WHAT COME TO MIND???? CRAZY IS WHAT COMES TO MY MIND. IM IN THAT SIT RIGHT NOW AND ITS STRESSFULL & HARD EXSPECIALLY WHEN YOU LOVE HIM.
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 3:20 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and my husband doesn't "have control over our relationship and what goes on in it" It's a 50/50 equal split and we are each doing our part.
    As for women who say that, I'm not really sure. My ex was extremely controlling and I could never handle a man who treated me that way again - I put up with it for as long as I could and then I left!

Answer by missanc at 3:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would think she's a very weak willed, meek kind of woman. I don't want him to be in control. I don't want ME to be in control. I want us both to be in control, to have an equal say in what happens and where the relationship goes. Yes, there are certain aspects in which one person obviously has more control, to a degree (ex: getting married, she can't say yes until he proposes, so technically he has more control, although once asked, she has the control in terms of saying yes or no), like for us, I tend to defer to him on computer and car related things, b/c he knows more about them than I do. But otherwise, we discuss and decide together on things. I would think a woman who wants him in control is uncertain of her own decision making skills and her own judgment and is relying on him to handle everything...and that to me, just isn't fair.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Well I would think that if thats what they feel like they need then that is fantastic. I used to feel the same way as many of the woman posting here so far. I consider myself a surrendered wife, my husband has control of our relationship. The thing is I know I am a stronger woman now than I was before I started living this way. I have given up control that I never really had, I have a sense of freedom that I never knew. My husband is amaizing, and takes care of me and our family. We still discuss issues, I still get to say my piece (but I only choose to do so if its important enough to me) he gets the final say, but we are still a team. He works I stay at home. I could take care of myself very well if something were to happen to him. I have a good education and could get a good job. I know how to do the finances. My husband doesnt control me, he just gets to make the big decisions, but I have the right to be and ...
    Anonymous

• do whatever I want, I just love him enough to let him take the lead. It has not only saved my marriage but it has helped my confidence grow, made me feel incredibly strong, and free. There is always a leader and a follower I just let my husband be in his natural role as leader. When you trust someone enough to truelly take care of you, they normally work very hard to not let you down.
    Anonymous

• Anon #1: So, my children should go to daycare just in case my husband leaves me? That is a horrible reason to put children in daycare. I was the MARRIED SAHM of 4 at 22 y/o and WE had everything we needed provided to us by my husband. SAHMs are not weak willed and most will not loose anything. There can't be two Cheifs in any tribe, you will just bump heads. Thats the way I see it anyways. My husband has "control" but, not of money because he is irresponsible.

Anonymous

• I certainly wouldn't mind DH taking more control of our dates. It would be lovely for him to arrange the babysitter and dinner reservations. I get tired of always calling for the sitter.
    Anonymous

• What comes to mind is someone who does not realize what it means to "own" her life. She wants someone else to be responsible. This is little girl syndrome, IMO.
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 6:27 PM on May. 1, 2010