5 weeks- I have a sharp pain in my abdomen when I stand up after sitting for a while.

It's like a shooting pain that only last a couple of seconds. I don't remember this happening with my first. Has anyone had this? Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes it's your body getting used to pregnancy, I know with this pregnancy I felt like I was going on my period for 2 months and with my first pregnancy, I had the same pain you did. I'd still call and ask to make sure though in case it could be something more serious. If you notice any blood, or you start spotting then deff go to the er or call the doctor.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 8:17 PM on May. 1, 2010

• It could just be the baby growing
    Kelleyriley

Answer by Kelleyriley at 4:27 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Sounds like the pain I had when I had a cyst on my ovary. I went to the ER to get checked out since I never had a pain like that with my other pregnancies. It tuned out to not be a big deal. When I had my 20 week u/s it was gone. I would call your ob and ask about it. They might just order an u/s to check it out.
    Anonymous