Calling all Pagan moms...

OK so we have a bunch of dandelions(sp?) and I want to something cool with the kids for Baltane but do not know what to do. PLease help!!!

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 3:16 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Make wreaths?? They can hang them on their doorknobs or wear them on their heads.

That was my first thought.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:35 PM on May. 1, 2010

• We are making wristlets at our meetup tomorrow. I am sure there are pretty yellow dandelions included.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:39 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I used to attempt to make little baskets out of them... (I was 10)
    the wreaths and wristlets are a great idea as well...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:42 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Well, they got my ideas already... Although honestly I can't do any of that! lol... Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:56 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Dandelions are wonderful. From the tip to the roots and the beauty of the blooming flower.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:09 PM on May. 1, 2010

• We took in a snail recently and his jar is decorated with dandelions for healing. They're on the alter around the edges, didn't do anything special beyond that with them.
    reecenkaden

Answer by reecenkaden at 5:48 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Dandelions are also a great all natural dye. Paint some positive things on the sidewalks with them, they'll wash away in the next rainstorm or when the sprinklers hit them. Use them to draw symbols on your faces & hands, talk about what these mean and how they connect you to each other and the earth. You can get a recipe for different dishes using dandelions on line, yes they are edible too!!!! Love the wreath & wrist let idea!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:25 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Oh they sure are Nyx7. My Great Grandmother used to pluck a flower out and chew on it while she did her gardening. She'd pull up the roots and dry them and boil the greens too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:38 PM on May. 1, 2010

• They are bitter after they start the seeding stage. But if you get them while they are still a yellow flower they are sweet.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:39 PM on May. 1, 2010

• dandelion salads are delicious!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:07 PM on May. 1, 2010