does your baby watch tv?

dd is 4 mos old and she just stares at the tv. she will turn around and look for it. no matter where we are. So today I went on youtube and looked up this thing called the gummy bear song and played the video for her. She went NUTS! She started flailing her arms and shrieking and smiling. It was so cute. When it stopped she cried and I had to play it two more times. The other day I was cleaning and I had her in her bouncy seat. I put in finding nemo on the extras where you can just show an aquarium with fish swimming around. she spent 10 min just staring at it. I don't know if she likes the lights or colors or both, but something catches her attention. Does your baby watch Tv like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine would. We took him to the movies at 4 months and he watched the whole movie.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:31 PM on May. 1, 2010

• yup, the gummy bear song is my sons favorite. also the snuggle bunny and he likes to watch rihannas new music video. he also loves the intro to family, he will run in his walker to the tv whenever it comes on.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:32 PM on May. 1, 2010

• my daughter has always loved tv. she loves barney and the wiggles.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 3:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• my kids love tv! they watch it too much. i know it. but it's hard to drag them away from it. i know they say tv is bad. but my son has learned ALOT from watching all these educational preschooler programs. my daughter is 18 months and watches youtube when we are out and about. it keeps her from screaming at me when in public. what else can i do? handy manny has teached my son to speak spanish. how is that bad? lol
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 3:59 PM on May. 1, 2010

• imo your daughter most likely at 4 months just likes the colors. my kids didn't start watching tv til they were over a year. they didn't like it that young.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 4:00 PM on May. 1, 2010

• my tv stays on Nick Jr all day almost. i have a 3 year old and she likes it and my 3 month old likes too look it at for a min or two but dont really watch it
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 4:34 PM on May. 1, 2010

• nope.

its a seizure trigger - the large screens, clear HD, bright colours and fast movement these days are one of the leading causes of seizures in small children.

Anonymous

• Anon 3:43 .. No, no it's not. Not unless they have leading symptoms previous to watching TV. It just doesn't occure randomly.

My son loves TV. He likes Singing and musical shows. "Follow That Bird", "Blues Clues | Bluestock", "The Jungle Book", etc. He has also come to like Elmo (Unfortunately, though luckily not to an obsessive manner like some children), "Super Why", "Bob The Builder", and especially "Thomas". My daughter is six months and is just really starting to get into it.

I have nothing against children watching TV, as long as that is not all they do. As long as they play with other toys, read books, color, play outside, etc. Then TV isn't a bad thing. I only let my children watch educational shows anyhow, so it doesn't bother me at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:00 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My tv is always on, rarely is just on music...usually on a program.
    So my children have had access to it since the day they were born. Didnt always pay attention to it but there are a few things they just have to see when they hear music start up.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:06 PM on May. 1, 2010

• People think tv is the devil or something which is entirely bs. My pediatrician even said tv will not kill a kid or make them fatter or dumber if its used in moderation just like anything else in moderation! My sons always been allowed to watch tv and he can read, write and do math on his own at four. There goes that theory.
    Anonymous