anxiety while pregnant and scared to take meds

since i became pregnant my anxiety has gotten worse to the point i dont feel like doing anything without me feeling like im going to pass out or my heart is pounding and i usually can keep it under control.help me

lissasfairy24

Asked by lissasfairy24 at 3:45 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Health

• It is pretty common during pregnancy to feel your heart pounding and feel a little anxious while you are thinking about what's ahead of you. What does your doctor say about your anxiety and medication?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Have you talked to your dr? My OB prescribed zoloft for me for anxiety/depression, which she said was the safest/most studied drug of its kind during pregnancy. Also, she said that it would be better for the baby for me to be on medication, because anxiety/depression untreated can cause the baby not to grow and develop properly.
    Anonymous

• well this is gonna start a firestorm of protest but I suggest smoking herb
    Anonymous

• well yes i have talked to my doctor but i really am kinda ify about the whole drugs while being pregnant ...i was not on my meds b4 i got pregnant and i just took anxiety meds as needed. just wanna get down to the bottom of whats bothering me so i can continue with my normal life i had and want back..i thought about seeing a therapist do yall think that would help?
    lissasfairy24

Answer by lissasfairy24 at 8:41 PM on May. 1, 2010