tmi

I hate asking such personal questions but heres the problem. I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and have noticed that the past week or so my lips have been swollen. And now I have itching. What could this be?? I've never had a yeast infection before, not that I know of anyway. I have been using vagisil for the itching, but don't know what could be causing the swolleness and also redness. My next docs apt isnt for 2 weeks, and my insurance is awful, I can't really afford to go in extra times. Any suggestions would be great ,thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call your doctor. he can most likely give you help over the phone.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 3:55 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I agree, call your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:54 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Also, let them know specifically what you're talking about. When I first read "Lips" I thought you were talking about your face. Which can be a serious issue during pregnancy. Then when you talked about Vagisil I realized what you were talking about.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:55 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Yes, call the doctor most of the time that is what I do when I need a prescription I'll tell them my problem and they will call it in the pharmacy for me. He might ask you to come in but I doubt it because it sounds like you either have a uti or a yeast infection, which can cause your "lips" to swell in some cases, also since you've never used vagisl you might even be having an allgeric reaction to it, I'd call the doctor and ask him about it. He'll deff give you something stronger or be able to tell you what it could be.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 8:14 PM on May. 1, 2010