Does anyone else think it's disgusting to see parents kissing their kids on the mouth?

If you do it please tell me why you arn't concerned about germs and what age is the child too old to kiss on the mouth? Don't get defensive please.... I'm just asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• i kiss my son on the lips but he is only 11 months old... i think when he turns 4ish is a bit old to do it
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Totally freaks me out!! I just don't get it. You see pics posted on Facebook all the time where mommy or daddy is smooching it out with the toddler who just crawled all around the floor and sucked on his fingers. I have to go use mouthwash now... bye.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I kiss my son on the lips. Hes 8m old. The only time I ever thought about the passing of germs- is when I was nursing. I thought it would be gross to have a grandma or grandmpa kiss the baby & then tranfer him to breast. It never happened- I just thought of it one night while nursing.

Im pretty sure bc my son & I are together 24/7 we dont catch to many germs that the other doesnt.
    Im sure by the time my sons 4 he wont let me give him kisses- anywhere anymore.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:20 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I kiss my son on the mouth all of the time... I think there will be an age were I don't anymore but I don't think it's a problem right now. I think lower elementary is fine as long as the child doesn't think it's weird.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I have no problem kissing my kids on the mouth. My 8 y/o recently started kissing me on my cheek. My mom kissed us on our mouths when we were kids.
    Anonymous

• Uh no. I kiss my 15 yo son on the cheek, just because that is what it has evolved to. My daughter 10 wants a kiss on the lips at bedtime. No frenching..just a kiss. SOMETIMES people...a kiss, is JUST a kiss. And, no I am not afraid of germs in my own family.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:23 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I kiss my son on the lips and he is 4 turning 5 this July. I have never thought of it as disgusting but my husband thinks it is. I know he will eventually think that kissing Mommy is nasty so if he's still offering, I'm still kissing. I know he will grow out of it to when he is around 6 or 7. All boys do, I just love my little guy to pieces!!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 4:24 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Nope.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:24 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My 9 year old still does. It's just a peck,we're not frenching or something!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:30 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Nope. I think it is natural. I do switch to cheek kisses between the ages of four and five. I agree with pinkcicle, that since I am around my toddlers 24/7 that there aren't too many germs that one has that the others don't.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:31 PM on May. 1, 2010