Is there any way to see the history (on the computer) if it's been deleted?

This morning all of the history on my internet had been deleted and so had everything in the recycle bin. Is there any way I can still get to it or it is all gone forever? Is there any way to keep track of what people are doing on my computer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• yeah, it's forever burnt into the hard drive, you'd have to take it to a specialist to find out or maybe you can google it. I'm not horribly computer savy, but I know that even if the browse history and recycle bin have been deleted, everything that goes through your computer is still on your hard drive....that's how cops and stuff bust people for searches and stuff.
    Anonymous

• you have to install a special software. if your interested message me so I can get the name of it from my husband.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:39 PM on May. 1, 2010

• if you go into one of the search toolbars you may be able to find some - mine somehow tracks the sites that are typed in.

Anonymous

• you dont need anyhting specail but I have no idea how to do it... my dad is great with computers and he used to do it to us
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 4:52 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You don't need special hardware to search your hardrive. That's where all deleted information is kept. It's never actually deleted unless you erase the hard drive information.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:41 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Yes, everything is still on the hardrive. There is software that can be put on the computer and every key that people make on the computer will be sent in an email to you. Many criminals have been busted because they didn't dump the hard drive after doing illegal things on their computers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Do you have strangers on your computer? What people are you talking about? There is a way, like everyone said; but I'm wondering why are you suspicious?
    Anonymous

• Why do you want to? What are your motives? Here is a way to do it, just google it, but first think about why you want to.
    Ellie_Louise

Answer by Ellie_Louise at 8:24 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Because my babysitter wipes the history every single time. I have told them not to and they still do it. I don't mean deleting what they did, they just delete it all and it's very frustrating and it's suspicious. I want to see what they're doing on my computer while they are being paid to watch my kids that they have to hide. If they are just paranoid that I'll look at their facebook drama then whatever, but if they're looking up something illegal or watching porn while they're suppose to be looking after my children then I need to find a new babysitter. What do you care? What is it to you what the motive is? Is there a motive that isn't good enough to ask this question or something? I don't want to just google it. I wanted to know what other people use if there is anything, I don't want to download some BS and get viruses over this.
    Anonymous