What childrens over-the-counter medication works for your child(ren)?

May 01, 2010

JUST IN!

"Dozens Of Popular Over-The-Counter Children’s Medicines Recalled
The FDA was investigating Saturday after dozens of popular over-the-counter children’s medicines including Tylenol and Benadryl were recalled and parents were warned to discontinue use."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• thank you to who is posting all of this info in the answers, it will make it easier for moms to look through it. I already found both childrens meds i have and they are being thrown away. I just hope my babies dont get sick at all or run any fever because now nothing is safe.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:54 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Anonymous

• WASHINGTON (May 1, 2010)—The U.S. Food and Drug Administration was investigating Saturday after health-care company McNeil Consumer Healthcare recalled more than 40 over-the-counter infant's and children's liquid medications.

McNeil issued the voluntary recall late Friday in the United States and 11 other countries after consulting with the FDA.

The recall involves children's versions of Tylenol, Tylenol Plus, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl, because they don't meet quality standards.
    Anonymous

• thats because some knuckleheaded parents out there were using them as a crutch to shut their kids up, misdosing, put them to sleep easier.....

punish all for the stupidity of a few.
    Anonymous

• McNeil Consumer Healthcare Announces Voluntary Recall of Certain OTC Infants’ and Children's Products

Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) – McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children’s and Infants’ liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW).
    http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc
    Anonymous

• I have always used tylenol
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 4:51 PM on May. 1, 2010

• The recall involves children's versions of Tylenol, Tylenol Plus, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl, because they don't meet quality standards.

Anonymous

• I don't give any of it to my kids. If they are sick enough for meds then they go to the dr and thats like 1 x a year.
    Anonymous

• i;m glad i buy store brand (ya know, it is cheaper!). i saw this earlier today. doesn't affect us! :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:56 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I have a 26 year old, a 23 year old and a 15 year old. I gave children's cold medicine, children's pain reliever, and children's anit-hystamine without incident. You know why???!!!! Because I followed the directions. I didn't give them something every time they sniffled, coughed, or scratched. I didn't use them for sleeping pills, and oh, did I mention I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS!!!!!!! People have problems with these meds because they think they know better than doctors, or use the meds different than the recommended use. The rest of the world has to pay because we can't make everything idiot proof. This just proves "you can't fix stupid"!!!!! Thank you Ron White.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:58 PM on May. 1, 2010