7 week old raised squishy soft spot?? Please help

is this normal? we just noticed today his soft spot is raised and squishy. It hasn't been like this I know because he had surgery monday and it was normal. should i take him in? Have a call in to family dr but don't know if I should call the childrens hospital or not???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons pediatrician told me the soft spot should never be raised or bulging, it could mean swelling of the brain. I would take him in if I thought it was abnormal. I would call the childrens hospital just to see what they say. I wouldnt wait around though.
    Anonymous

• That could mean high blood pressure, dehydration, or swelling. Take him in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:39 PM on May. 1, 2010

• If you haven't heard from your pedi by now head in to have him checked out now.Always better to be safe than sorry.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:52 PM on May. 1, 2010