Help!! He keeps throwing up!

My 6 week old sons has puked up his last 3 bottles. He has been on the same formula since he was born so I have no idea what's going on. The clinic is closed so should I bring him to the ER? What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your doctor's after hours line.
    If you can't get ahold of anyone then take him to a 24 hour clinic or the ER.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:26 PM on May. 1, 2010

• did he throw up all of his bottle or just spit up? His digestive system is still developing and you're gonna have times where he's really gassy and pukes more than others. Is he running a temp? Is he acting funny or really tired? If he also has a temp of 102 or greater then take him to the urgent care. If he won't respond to you at all take him to the er. If he's just puking try burping him more and giving him gas drops.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:52 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Formula is so tough to digest, If your child is not recieving nurishment he can get dehydrated, I'd take him to the urgent care center.
    Anonymous

• I'd suggest you get off the computer and take care of your sick son.
    Anonymous

• 8:31
    Stop being a bitch and grow the hell up.Im so sick of nasty people like you.A sick baby doesnt need to be in your arms 24/7.How do you know if the baby was right by in a swing.OR maybe the SO was holding the baby?Maybe the baby was sleeping.MAYBE she IS HOLDING the baby at the computer. What is the reason for your rudeness?

OP:My daughter put me threw loops with formula :/ She ended up on Soy. My 1st was the spit up queen. I would make less per feeding then make more if she is hungry.Burp after each 2 oz.Good Luck
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:57 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My point was more that maybe she should be calling a nurse line, trying to find some sort of real medical advice, not asking questions of cafemom. That's just dumb. If your child is sick, find MEDICAL help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on May. 2, 2010

• 3:32-- get a grip. Sometimes just having another mom's help is soothing and helps people get their heads straight to think about what THEIER mother's have told them about eatting habits, etc. People need to start trusting their instincts, period. If you think you can't handle it, do as Nyx7 and Jazz mentioned.

My son had wry neck-- are you making sure his throat is straight? Sometimes just the angle itself can cause problems.

Have you tried Pedialyte for a few, just to make sure he's hydrated? I know its worked for my son, and after a few mis-bottles (as we've come to call them), he was fine. Water it down 4/1 water/pedialyte as he's still pretty little.

I was having the same problem with my son, and it turns out he had pretty much outgrown his formula and needed a change. Enfamil Prosobee Lipid is what we're on now-- feel free to message me if you need any more help down the line.

Hope things got sorted out!!
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 1:13 PM on May. 2, 2010

• OP here. My Dh WAS holding him and we were waiting for the nurse to call back. But thanks for your concern.
    Everyone else thanks for the advice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 3, 2010