Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support Help!

I have a child support order in Ohio. DD is going to be enrolled in daycare this summer and fall so that I can finish my degree. Right now we have no childcare costs figured into our agreement. Is it possible to get support increased? (the cost will be $420/month this fall and $196/month this summer.) I've been reading you have to wait 36 months for a review? Is this true? Do I have to wait until she is actually enrolled? Do I need an attorney for this? Is there any way to request documents (pay stubs, taxes, etc.) and also I want him to show how much he actually pays for health insurance? Thanks for any help :)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • Here is a link for the Ohio Child Support Guidelines.
    I did not see where it states you have to wait so long from the order to do a modification. I do see that it says it HAS to be reviewed every 4 years. Call your local Child Support Enforcement office and ask for a modification. Most likely you will have to have your daughter enrolled into daycare and have to provide proof she is there in order for them to add child care expenses to your order.
    I would love to find daycare at those rates. I just looked into it last week and the cheapest I could find for a 4 year old was $105/week. I did not even ask about the cost for a 2 year old. I know we can not afford almost $1,000/month in daycare expenses.

    Answer by army_wife_06 at 6:47 PM on May. 1, 2010

  • They will go by incomes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on May. 1, 2010

  • In NC we have to wait three years, "unless there is a change in circumstances" I think that you going back to school and needing daycare would be considered a change in circumstances. NC Child Support Enforcement requests all the documentation from my ex that was needed (pay stubs - which showed how much he paid/did not pay in insurance, bank accounts statements, etc) although I feel I would have gotten better representation with my own attorney, but I couldn't afford her rates for something they were willing to offer for free. Not sure about enrollment - my daughter was currently enrolled at her preschool when we went through the courts. Good luck!

    Answer by missanc at 7:11 PM on May. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.