Is your child's sex life any of your business?

When they are 18 and/or out of your house?

If so, to what extent is it?

(and to specifiy, im not talking about married children)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• It's only my business when it's right in my face. My ds lives at home, he's 19. Every once in a while there will be a condom showing up in odd places: stuck inside of a blanket (ewww) or in the washer or dryer....lmao....then it's my business!!!!
    Anonymous

• If my child is 18 and still living in my house, it's not my business what goes on outside of the house.....but if they were to get an STD, or bring anyone "home" to have sex, or they are viewing porn in my home, then it is my business and it's not tolerated.
    Anonymous

• Its your business if this child is going to show up on your doorstep with a child of its own and expect you to raise it. Its your business if they are addicted to drugs or alcohol or are engaging in dangerous activities like prostitution (you didn't specify son or daughter). Its your business if others are using sex to take advantage of them. Its your business if others are using sex to control them or if they are using sex to control someone else. Its your business if you are afraid their sex life might get them killed or infected with a disease that will change the rest of their lives. If you are uncomfortable with anything your child is doing sexually talk to them! May be uncomfortable but they don't stop being your responsibility because they move out or turn 18!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:34 PM on May. 1, 2010

• If they're on their own in every way,nope
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:46 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You are talking about a legal adult who does not live under your roof.. No, it is not your business. Look at it this way, you are an adult right? Is your sex life anyone's business but your own?
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 7:11 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Anything concerning my children is my business as long as they're living in my house. If they are living on their own, I continue to give them advice & guidance, but the decisions are their own, as are the consequences.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:23 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Hell noo
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:16 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I hope that as a parent, I have provided the correct information for my children to make an intellegent decision about sex. They all know that they can come to me with any issues or questions they have. When my oldest felt he was ready to have sex he came to me to talk to me. I purchased condoms for him. What they do in their personal lives is their choice as long as they are not hurting themselves or anyone else. I especially thing that if my child is 18 or over or living out of my home what they do is their business. If they want to come to me for advice they know I am always here.
    Anonymous

• In respect, as long as I am living my kids business will be my business.. Yes there is a line drawn, but if they are doing anything that will cause them harm you bet I will speak up about it.. If my dd grows up & is any age. And i see her throwing her body around, sleeping around & not respecting her body & healthy.. I will speak up about it & voice my concern...

I may not be able to ground her, or take away her car when she is an adult out on her own, but i hope our bond is strong enough that she has enough respect for me to lisnen & care about my thoughts/feelings...

I am the same. My mom no matter what my age she will always be my mom.... I would never want to do anything that would make her feel shameful. I could not strip or be a prostitute or sleep around..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:42 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Its my business if they are living in my house. Its my business if they bring home a baby expecting me to care for it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:55 AM on May. 2, 2010