What do you think about the Minuteman Project?

Jim Gilchrist founded the multi-ethnic Minuteman Project on Oct. 1, 2004, after years of frustrated efforts trying to get a neglectful U.S. government to simply enforce existing immigration laws.

Jim holds a B.A. in newspaper journalism, a B.S. in business administration, and an M.B.A. in taxation. He is a former newspaper reporter and a retired California CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
http://www.minutemanproject.com/organization/about_us.asp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "PLAIN AND SIMPLE WITH OUT IMMIGRANTS AMERICA'S ECONOMY WOULD SUFFER SO MUCH BECAUSE MANY OF THEM DO THE JOBS THAT MANY AMERICANS DONT WANT TO DO"

Not true! I know many people who were born and raised here who will do those jobs. Anyway... if they're all such hard workers, those illegals, then why are so many on Medicaid? And don't tell me they are not. I worked ER long enough to know that the largest percentage of Medicaid patients were illegals. Most got it for their kids, using their kids' SSN because the kids are born here.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:56 PM on May. 1, 2010

• cont
    Jim is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps and recipient of the Purple Heart award for wounds sustained while serving with an infantry unit in Vietnam, 1968 - 1969.

Mr. Gilchrist is a passionate defender of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and an avid supporter of law enforcement organizations. He has appeared on over 3,500 radio and TV news and commentary shows in shows in the past twelve months, and he believes he is only one of millions of 21st century minutemen / women / children who want the U.S. to remain governed by the "rule of law" and who want proactive enforcement of our national security protections and our immigration legal code.

Jim has lived in California since 1976 and currently resides in Aliso Viejo with his wife, Sandy.
    Anonymous

• PLAIN AND SIMPLE WITH OUT IMMIGRANTS AMERICA'S ECONOMY WOULD SUFFER SO MUCH BECAUSE MANY OF THEM DO THE JOBS THAT MANY AMERICANS DONT WANT TO DO INSTEAD THEY CLAIM UNEMPLOYMENT OR ARE ON WELL FARE THEY CUT YOUR GRASS WASH YOUR DISHES COOK YOUR FOOD RAISE YOUR CHILDREN AND MUCH MUCH MORE SO MINUTE MAN ARE PATHETIC IF THEY WERE HUNTING BLACK PEOPLE IT WOULD BE LOOKED AS RACISM BUT SINCE THEY ARE HISPANIC THEY DONT REALLY CARE ITS PEOPLE LIKE HIM WHO ARE GIVING AMARICA A BAD NAME
    mommyto2txboys

Answer by mommyto2txboys at 7:15 PM on May. 1, 2010

• What is Well fare?????
    Anonymous

• In this economy... there arent jobs for us americans.... who is taking them?
    As for the minutemen Im not sure if I even understand what they are.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Theyre a bunch of old white racist

Anonymous

• mommy, you are sooooo deluded. America does not NEED illegal immigrant labor! We have a 10% unemployment rate!! Open your eyes!! There are plenty of Americans who would love to have those jobs, but they CAN'T because some illegal is working at half the wages under the table. Trust me, if the illegals were not here to TAKE the jobs, we Americans WOULD be working them. But, we would be making a fair wage at it and paying the taxes that go along with earning a paycheck! I'm so sick of hearing that they only work jobs that Americans WON'T do. THAT is just a bunch of bleeding heart BS, trying to justify criminal behavior.

As for the Minuteman Project, I don't know a whole lot about it. I've not heard anything bad about it. Sounds a lot like the Oathkeepers,
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:56 PM on May. 1, 2010

• The MinuteMen are retards!!!! Plain and simple!
    And as for all the morons on here posting about "illegals" stealing their jobs while they sit at home on PA...effing give me a break. Most illegals I have come across are harder working than any American. They are NOT stealing our jobs, they are just willing to work...no matter what the job...while some lazy, pathetic american thinks the job is not "good enough for them."
    There ARE jobs for all of us, you just have to be willing to work!!!!
    Anonymous