Coleslaw Help

I love the taste & texture of my coleslaw. The only problem I have is that it turns pink. I like purple cabbage in it. I use a small head of purple to a large head of green. I know I could use less purple, but I just go ahead & use the whole head so I don't have leftover that would probably just end up feeding my worms. Is there any way to avoid this besides using less purple cabbage?

carlye828

Asked by carlye828 at 7:27 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Gee, its sounds pretty. I might try it for Mother's Day, lol....sorry, no help here....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:55 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Chop the cabbage then rinse it in super cold water. Dry it in a salad spinner.

Make the rest of the slaw and dressing while the red cabbage is soaking in the ice water. Then add the purple cabbage for a lift fold in only.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would do what the previous poster said
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:00 PM on May. 1, 2010