Am i stuck??

im only 36 weeks and 2days but im stuck at 3 and a half cm and 80% effaced.. this is my second baby. im afraid i'll have to be induced at 41 weeks or something lol. i was in the hospital a week at 32 weeks for preterm,, so everyone is more than surprised i made it this far.. my doc keeps saying tonight or tomorrow i"ll go into active labor... but shes been saying that for 2 weeks. i keep having regular contractions but they arent changing me. im afraid ill never go into labor. did this happen to any of you and what was the outcome? (btw i was induced at 38 weeks with my son because i developed preeclampsia)

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 7:29 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You know what? Try to focus on anything else. Decide to clean the house, bake a bunch of stuff, go for a drive in the country....anything. Relax your body. You KNOW it's going to happen.....just "forget" for a few hours and BAM....there you'll go!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:52 PM on May. 1, 2010

• man i really hope so lol
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 7:55 PM on May. 1, 2010

• no that's really normal to stick at a couple centimeters and have no change for a few weeks. my guess is that you will have your baby before 40 weeks, but it could be up to 42 weeks. don't worry, you will go into labor =)
    Anonymous

• What if you don't get your cervix checked?

You would be gestating happily along. Normal.
    Since there is nothing wrong, all sounds perfectly well!
    (*Avoiding vaginal exams might help you to have a safer outcome, avoiding unnecessary risks like induction.)
    You don't have to be induced at 41 weeks (or ever~ if you don't want). At least you can wait until the end of the average gestational period (after 42 weeks) before considering intervention.

Your body is doing exactly what it needs to be doing! :-) And so is your baby!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 PM on May. 1, 2010