Would you allow your child to model professionally?

My son attended an open call yesterday and we have the opportunity for him to model.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• sure, so long as it was completely recreational and i observed closely to make sure he/she wasnt imappropriately pressured or mistreated in any way, especially psychologically...i would probably take any money he made and put it in a high yeilding college fund for him...when he gets older you can not only explain to him the importance of an education, but the importance of saving and investing by showing him how his money grew
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yes, but I would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy careful..
    BabyDrae12

Answer by BabyDrae12 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It would completely depend on what it was for and his age at the time. I've done print modeling before and I loved it, so I really don't have much of a problem with modeling in general. I would just have to be sure of the credentials of where he was going to be modeling and be sure that I kept his best interest in mind.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yes, i want to put my son in modeling but i will be at every photo shoot and make sure no one pressures him. And i wont put a TON of money into it either.
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Only if you have THOROUGHLY investigated who it is he is modeling for. I used to work for an "agency" that did open calls for models and then completely ripped them off, and there were worse things that went on. Agencies and people who call themselves agencies are ruthless and in it for the money. The business is not a friendly one no matter how cute or young your child may be. Make sure it is something HE wants to do 100% and make sure you do your homework.
    Anonymous

• This is the OP. The agency I'm working with is accredited by the BBB and in an affiliation with a current modeling/acting school.

My son is 22 months old, so I can't really ask him.. lol
    Anonymous