What could you absolutely not live without on a family vacation?

We are going on vacation in a few weeks to minnesota to the zoo, museum, mall of america and a couple other places. My boy/girl twins just turned 3 and my baby boy will turn 1 a week and a half before we go. I have my packing list all made up but what things would you recommend we take for entertainment or anything to help save sanity during the week. It is a 12 hour drive each way!!! Thank you in advance for any advice or ideas that you may have.

ashley_rhodes

Asked by ashley_rhodes at 8:02 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Travel

• Have you seen those little toddler travel potties for road trips and camping? Great for when your little one just has to go and there's no rest stop for miles.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• for us its the tvs that hook on the headrest lol our kids would go nuts without them!! i also packed a "vacation" pack of crayons coloring books , reading books. and 2 toys each
    mamajmm81

Answer by mamajmm81 at 6:20 AM on May. 2, 2010

• hand sanitizer and wipes!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:12 AM on May. 3, 2010

• snacks and favorite small stuffed animals (we limit to 3 per child.) My older kids have video games and chapter books (considering a kindle or 2 for them) and the little one (now 5, but 2.5 on his 1st major road trip) loves animal figures and books.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:10 PM on May. 3, 2010