Can I use a Netbook for online college classes?

I am wanting to go back to school. I would like to do a physical therapy asst or occupational therapy asst program but first I need to get my Gen Eds out of the way. I was wondering if I could use a netbook instead of a regular laptop for online classes. I am wanting to take as many Gen Ed classes online as I can since I am working full time and have a 3 year old DD and a 4 month old DS.

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 8:06 PM on May. 1, 2010 in

• I asked my daughter ...half her friends are doing the online college thing and she said it was fine
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:26 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't. I had a netbook for about 3 weeks and then I returned it to the store. The screen is TINY. If you want to go online, it's super slow (and this is after we upgraded it!) I do not recommend them at all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• ALSO, the reason we took it back is because the plug broke and they are too new for the stores to carry new plug, and my only option was to exchange the whole thing, losing anything I put on it, or just return it (still losing anything I put on it, but I hadn't put anything on it). So, I returned it and got a regular laptop for only $36 more.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:38 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I have a Dell Mini lolli pop in purple.I LOVE it.It works great :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:00 PM on May. 1, 2010

• it would depend on what programs you'll be working with. I can get online with my ipod touch, but it is incompatible with the website that the school uses for assignments, discussion boards, syllabus, submitting homework, etc.
    and it may not work with larger programs like office or photoshop. talk to the dept. head for your major, and what requirements there are.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:14 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would thnk that you would need software to complete your assignments, either Microsoftt office products or Open Office; I do not believe that you can do this with a Netbook.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 AM on May. 2, 2010