where is the best place to have a birthday party for a 6-year old?

May is a killer month for me. Not only do I have my aunt's birthday, my sister's birthday, and Mother's Day, but I have 3 kids with birthdays in the same week-May 12, 15, and the 19th. My daughter will be 12, my son will be 11 and my youngest will be 6. I was thinking about combining the oldest two's parties and concentrating on my 6 year old because she has never had a birthday party. Which would be the cheapest and most enjoyable for the kids that age, having it at a park , renting the skating rink, or having it at Chucke Cheeses-their prices where I live is $11.oo per child. I still would like to plan something for my older two.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on May. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• chucky cheese
    Anonymous

• At home.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:12 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Honestly try asking ur child & see where they want it, also chucky cheese, house of bounce, a water park almost any where
    lisajellybean

Answer by lisajellybean at 9:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You don't have to rent out the entire skating rink, here anyway. I had a combined party for my 7 and 9 year olds at the local rink, during regular skating hours - there was a flat fee which covered pizza, cake, ice cream and drinks for the kids. When it was our "party time" they announced it over the loud speaker between songs and all the kids came to a special party they had decorated in the concession area. It worked out really well!
    The most economical would be a park, but you do have to consider the weather and plan for a "rain date" just in case.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• How about both have the skating rink for the two older ones and Chucky Cheess for the little one look at it this way you wont have to clean everyones mess just go to the location and let the kids loose....lol
    I dont have as many birthdays as you but my MIL is the 5th she will be 70 and of course Mothers day and my dd will be 7 on the 30th. Have fun I am still undecided what I want to do for my babygirl omg she hinted she wanted a Justin Bieber poster oh no it is starting...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:33 PM on May. 1, 2010

• We are having our daughters party at the park this year. In the past, we have had them at home or at an activity center.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Maybe a combined swimming party?

We used a local hotel's indoor pool for my DD's 6th birthday party (its the thing to do in the mountain community that I live). If you call the local hotels, they might just rent their pool to you for a couple hours too :) We paid $110 for 4 hours and we were able to invite 25 guests (pool capacity. it was a small pool area)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:25 AM on May. 3, 2010

• We rented a pavilion at a park for my daughter. It was 20.00 for a whole day, and they had trash bins, a grill, 10 picnic tables, and of course closes access to a park and bathrooms... Worked perfect for us, and accommodates a wide range of ages.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:03 PM on May. 5, 2010