How would you react if your pediatrician told you they didn't believe in vaccines??

My Pediatrician doesn't believe in vaccines. She has 6 children of her own, all of them are unvaccinated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would be ecstatic! I don't vaccinate, and although my doctor supports my choice, she feels that vaccines are a good thing. However this same doctor told me there is no harm in using beach on my newborns clothes or bottles... So, there you go...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:48 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I WOULD LOVE IT WHERE IS YOUR PED
    ALOUDWHISPER

Answer by ALOUDWHISPER at 8:58 PM on May. 1, 2010

• That wouldn't bug me too much. Every person has a right to their opinion on vaccinations. I would still get my DD vaccinated despite. I don't even do it through my PED's office. I go to the clinic and get it done.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:58 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would find another pediatrician.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:01 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I'd love her, I would love to find a pedi like that.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:04 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would present him or her with well-documented research of their benefits to society (and the deaths had by those who acquired viruses that haven't been seen for dozens of years due to the ill-informed decisions made by anti-vaxxer 'rents), and I would immediately find another pedi. As someone who works in autism research and is thus familiar with the misconceptions perpetuated by celebrities and inadequate researchers who don't know the difference between correlation and causation, I would be deeply saddened by such an encounter.

PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

Speak with a pro-vax doc, too, and provide him or her with the arguments from the anti-vaxxer. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I would probably find another pedi, because we do believe in vaccines and prefer a pedi who has similar philosophies to ours.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:19 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would find another doctor and report that one for not keeping their oath to do no harm.
    Anonymous

• I would find another pediatrician who was fine with delayed vaccinations.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:37 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would find another pedi. because I feel that vaccinations are in my son's best interest. I don' think they cause autism. I would rather my doctor know about vaccines than not... that is his/her personal choice. But I plan on enrolling my son in school when he is of age and it is required to have vaccinations. Not to mention I don't want him to get things from the parents' kids who aren't vaxed.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:38 PM on May. 1, 2010