Can someone tell me what they would do?

OK, so here is my story. I am in the midst of a divorce. It is not bitter, I am not going after him for large sums of money, we have stayed very cordial.

So here's my problem. I can't get him to do ANYTHING. I have made every decision our entire marriage. Now that I am divorcing him I am still making every decision, no big deal I expected that. My problem is, he won't do anything. He wants this divorce, he left me for another woman, but when it comes to doing things he is so benign with every decision that it makes me nuts.

For example, today I went to a parenting class, we both have to take this class before the judge will grant the divorce. He didn't go. His excuse, "I just don't want to." I had him sign the waiver of citation because he said and I quote, "I just don't want to go to the court house, or go to court. You go and take care of whatever."

So it may be a lost cause, but how do I get him to care, about anything

viola_swamp

Asked by viola_swamp at 8:50 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• When his ass gets thrown in jail for contempt maybe he'll care. It's not your job to make his decisions and to chase after him. Get your lawyer to go after him when he doesn't do what he's supposed to. He needs to grow up.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:16 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i don't think you can. BUT, if he refuses to go to court, you will get whatever you ask for. full custody, child support (i would ask for what you think would be helpful, not what you think is fair. there may be a time when you NEED that extra bit that you thought you wouldn't.) just do everything. he'll be out of your hair soon enough.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:01 PM on May. 1, 2010

• you can't and the best thing to do is stop babying him and have his next women take care of his issues for now on. i mean don't you have enough on your plate to worry about then to worry and care about a guy who doesn't even want to be in your life. why are you doormating him. pull the rug out from under him and help him learn to stand on his own two feet. if he doesn't want to take the steps to divorce you or get things done then let it be or the court will take care of the matter themselves. if he doesn't care you can't make him care. so why care yourself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:04 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Hence the reason for the divorce, just let the OW deal with his sorry behind now.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on May. 1, 2010