MSG

If you bought a seasoning mix and didn't realize it had MSG in it til you got home would you still eat it? We don't eat foods with MSG in them, but I bought a fish fry mix and went to look what was in it, MSG. I'm not sure if I want to use it or just make my own. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• MSG is a Neuro toxin it stimulates the brain into eating more food. It also can be damaging to the unborn fetus's brain...that is why there is an increase in behavior disorders and learning disorders, it has been proven but of course the Gov't wants to cover that up.
    Anyway I would make my own and return the stuff the next time you go to that store you got it from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I would. Saw a show on tv Food Detectives where they did a study on the actual effects of MSG. They had 2 groups eat a chinese food dinner, half with MSG, half without. After the study, the majority of the people who found out they had had MSG and were complaining of symptoms actually hadn't had any. It's just a flavor enhancer. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Anonymous

• Monosodium glutamate, also known as sodium glutamate and MSG, is a sodium salt of the naturally occurring non-essential amino acid glutamic acid. It is used as a food additive and is commonly marketed as a flavour enhancer.

we avoid it because we aviod all kinds of salt, but in moderation it's nothing to worry about.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:07 PM on May. 1, 2010

• i think if in moderation it would be ok...but depending on how much it cost, personally i wouldnt use it. we have gotten stuff while in a rush and didnt look at what all was in it so i just went back to the store and got the stuff that was healthier and gave the other to a friend.

gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:28 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You are probably eating it all the time. It doesn't always say MSG. Sometimes it will just say "natural flavors".

Anonymous

• As long as you generally avoid it, It won't hurt you to eat it just this once. Look a bit closer next time.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would definitely not use it.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Of course the Gov't wants to cover it up. They told the rest of us not to tell you.
    Anonymous