bloody noses

does anyone else's kids get bloody noses a lot? my 4 year old does every so often, mostly in the warmth, but apparently not like my 2 year old. there bedroom was a little warm last night, but not terribly it was still comfortable enough, and apparently had a slight bloody nose. then had one when he woke up and about 5 at the park. none were too bad (he's had them when it started to get warm a few weeks ago, where it was pooring out then stopped after a minute.

sleepymamaof3

Asked by sleepymamaof3 at 9:10 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My son get bloody noses. Have them checked for anemia. Also a cool mist humidifier works really well. Hope it improves
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:08 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My daugher does all the time. She fell on her nose off an air matress when we were camping when she was 9 months old and got a really bad bloody nose, and ever since then she gets them every time her nose gets bumped, or she cries hard, and who knows what else, she gets them all the time. She's 2 1/2 now and still gets them. I don't have any advise, but I do have a kid like that.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:42 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My son gets them if it is to dry in the house. A cool mist humidifier works for him.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 12:57 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My brother and sister still get them in their 20s. They are severely allergic to cigarette smoke. They can't go to restaurants that have any smoking section, even if it's out doors. They can't be around people who have been smoking -- the tar and stuff on the clothes is enough to get them bleeding. They can't ride in a car that has been smoked in even if no one is smoking in it. They aren't anemic. They just pour blood like a faucet if they get around cigarettes at all.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:00 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My son gets them. Make sure you use a humidifier in the room...also, putting Vaseline on a Q-tip and putting up the nose before bed helps too. When my son was 7, he had to have the blood vessels in his nose cauterized and that has stopped the every night occurrence...tho he still has them from time to time.

Anonymous