I just saw this in another post... can someone explain??

"not all Wiccans are Witches, and not all Witches are Wiccan"
What??? I am really confused now. I thought Wiccan and Witch were one in the same?? Is Witchcraft Wiccan or something else? Thanks for you replies...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Witchcraft has nothing to do with Religion. Witches come from all paths. However, Wicca is a specific religious path and MANY who follow it do practice the Craft, but not all. I know Witches who are Christian, Jewish, Islamic and from many other paths, including myself... Although I'm Pagan I'm not Wiccan...

Hope that helps...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Wicca is a religion. Witchcraft is a practice. Not everyone who is Wiccan practices the craft. And then there are some people of religions other than Wicca who do practice the craft. So no wiitches and Wiccans are not the same.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:24 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You can be a Witch and be any of several different religions as well. Wiccan is more a religion on it's own.I myself am a Christian witch.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:42 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Witches who claim to be christian, jewish, ect are only in name... you cannot be truly a Christian or Jewish and be a witch at the same time. You can try ... but God wont honor it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:19 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Shan~you are not an authority on the subject so please stop trying to act as if you have the answers. YOU DO NOT speak for God or any Divinity up there. Just because you "study" doesnt make you divine or knowledgeable.

OP~what the others said is correct. Witchcraft is a practice not a religion. Wicca is a religion. Many who are Wiccan do practice Witchcraft but not all. Its not a requirement or anything like that.
    Anonymous

• Shane - once again, you are speaking about YOUR beliefs and not those of others. There is a huge difference between what you believe and what others believe and it's not your right to dictate weather or not their beliefs are valid or not in they eyes of your God or any other...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Witches who claim to be christian, jewish, ect are only in name... you cannot be truly a Christian or Jewish and be a witch at the same time. You can try ... but God wont honor it

I agree
    Anonymous

Rude, obnoxious people make baby Jesus cry.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:42 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Shane go do some damn research before you open your mouth and make your self appear to be a donkey. Wow some people have great nerve to come on these posts and act like they are all hollier than though I know everything, when you really have no facts. Look up Christo-witch and then look up Christian they have almost the exact same beliefs just more relaxed then some who have a stick up their butt.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:51 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Ok, I was confused before, now I am more so. Do you have links I can read about this??
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:29 AM on May. 2, 2010