what if i dont believe him?

I haven't seen my BF since Tuesday night/Wed morning.. he went out with his guy friends last night to see the freddy kruger movie (i HATE scary movies). and tonight, either he was going to go to a party with his friends (one of his friend's friends birthday, but he doesnt really know the birthday girl that well- so he says), or come see me. he said that he didnt want to go to the party since he didnt really know her, so i told him to just let me know what was going on- either way, I'd be fine.. but he said that he was gonna come over. 3 hours later, he called and said that everyone (all his guy friends- including his friend that is friends with the bday girl) is just going to another friend's house to watch some boxing match on PPV.

not sure if i believe him. i mean, in the 2 years we've been together, i've never heard him talk about boxing.

what would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• i wouldnt go to either event- bday or the boxing match thing b/c i have no idea who the bday girl is (not even her name), and i dont like watching sports. plus my child isnt his-- he has the freedom to do what he wants, and i prefer to stay home with DS, even tho he's already sleeping! (grr- the first time he's gone to bed so early! its almost 9:30, and he usually goes down around 11).

i dont mind his going out-- but i just dont know if i really trust what he's saying- is he really going to see some boxing match with his friends, even though he's never talked about boxing before? thats what seems weird to me.
    Anonymous

• Could be something he's getting into with friends and for you to feel that way after two year which trust should be established, there's obviously been something broken where you'd be suspicious in the first place..so consider that. I know for a fact it won't work unless you trust.....it just can't....either both of you work to build it back up or it over. good luck
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 9:25 PM on May. 1, 2010

• my trust issues stem from my childhood. i go to therapy for it. i never really learned to trust my parents and if you cant trust them- who can you trust? not to mention that my last 3 boyfriends cheated on me and got the girl pregnant didnt help my trust issues...

but my current BF- he hasnt done anything to make me not trust him.. i just have a hard time trusting overall.
    Anonymous

• Don't think too much into it I have never cared fo for boxing but if someone wants to watch it here I'll watch it I went to go get my skids earlier and they were talking about some guy boxer name Mayweather that he was a good boxer I just said oh...so if this helps any just relax and see what your BF says...Just make sure he doesn't start to make this a habit to want to go out so much with his friends that would not be a good sign especially if you guys get married....Just stay put and take advantage of this "ME" time
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:41 PM on May. 1, 2010

• He probably just got caught up having a good time with his friends so it's not about the boxing, it's about having a good time hanging with his friends.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 PM on May. 1, 2010