Does it mean anything to look at a pregnancy test after the 10min?

I took a test and there didnt seem to be a second line. Well then I went to the bathroom like an hour later and happened to look at it and it had a very faint pink line. These are dollar tree tests. I have used them b4 when we was ttc our baby girl and there wasnt ever a line of any kind on them even after the 10mins or an hour. Has anyone had one of these and ended up getting a positive? I am around 9days late. Thanks and God Bless!

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 10:01 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah it matters. The same thing happened with my current pregnancy. It was a First Response one and everytime I use on I get an instant answer. This time, it was negative, and i had left it on the counter and when I went to go back and throw it away, it was POSITIVE! lol I happened to be pregnant...
    If your 9 days late, there's a good chance :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:05 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I was always told that after the 10 minute mark, the results aren't valid. After your pee sits in the test for a long period of time, faint lines might appear just from the saturation of urine. I took a pregnancy test like 2 months ago and it was negative and then looked at it again the next morning and there was a really really faint positive line. I freaked out but I'm not pregnant. If you are really concerned, take another test...maybe an early detection one of a brand name. See what happens with that one. If you are still unsure, you can always make a doctor's appoint and they can tell you with certainty.
    Anonymous

• Thank you both. I cannot make a doctors appt right now cause we have no insurance and I have no money. LOL So I will just have to wait and c.
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 10:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I used the same test when I was pregnant with my dd. the line didn't show up for about 30 mins, but I was preggers. So treat ur body as if u are pregnant and retest in a week. I was only 4 weeks pregnant with the first test, but each week it showed sooner and darker. good luck.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 10:30 PM on May. 1, 2010

• There's a reason you're not supposed to read the test after the number of minutes it states. Lines disappear, and lines appear. Take a new test and read it within the amount of time and don't look at it again.
    Anonymous

• Well my test was negative this morning!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 2:24 PM on May. 2, 2010