Do your kids play with your shoes?

I have these four inch heels black patent pumps I rarely wear them anymore since I quit working anyway my dd found them and now she likes to wear them she is six years old and I have a ds who is eight years old today for some reason he put them on I thought it was funny but I did not tell him anything I just tell them to becareful you can twist your ankle anyway some how my dh spotted him with these shoes on OMG talk about getting pissed he told him to take those off and sent him to his room with no tv or nothing just lay there in the bed...I honestly thought he was going to spank him my dh told me didn't you see that? Why didn't you say anything? I was like I did not notice...My son is ok but damn he better not put those shoes on again or my dh will stop that real quick. Is your dh like this towards your son who is old enough to understand where dad is coming from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on May. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow... Um.. I wouldn't have a problem with it and I would have blessed out my dh for being like that. For goodness sake he's a kid trying on shoes. It's fussing at him like that and punishing him that will cause problems later. (imo)

I think you should try to, in private, have a conversation with your dh about what exactly he thinks is going to happen if ds at the age of EIGHT tries to wear a pair of your shoes.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 10:15 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't get angry cause that makes the kid feel bad, but usually when they get that age (8) they don't usually expiriment with mom's shoes, especially if they're male....
    Little girls would...
    I probably would have told him to get a pair of his dad's shoes if he wanted to try some on.
    Anonymous

• ..Why did you protect yourself rather than your son? You should have told DH you had allowed it so DS wouldn't get punished for something you said was okay. If DH had told him not to do that before, that'd be one thing, but if it was the first time and you said okay, then you should have stood up for him.
    Anonymous