I just can't help feeling that something is off about him...

My sil has a new boyfriend. The first time he met my son, he was very touchy feely, and hugging him alot. It made me uncomfortable. My son loves him, as does my sil son. Well I just have this gut feeling not to trust this man around my son, but I know I'm being judgmental, and maybe watching too much TV. lol Like if he goes over there (my son) The boyfriend will give them a bath! I just think the woman would do that. She has only been with him for 6 months.
What do you think? Im being crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Uhh NO! You're not crazy! Your SIL is for trusting him to give her son a bath? WTF! I would not get my son around him.
    When you have that gut feeling its usually right. JMO.
    Anonymous

• Trust your gut on this one momma. Mother's instincts are usually right. If you think something's off, there very well might be. It could be nothing, but then again it could be something...and its better to protect your kids from that possible something, than to go against your own judgement and regret it in the end. You don't have to be rude or nasty to this guy, or even mention anything about your feelings to anyone. Just keep your son away from him. Have excuses why your son can't be with them alone, etc. Keep in mind that this guy hasn't done anything wrong, but I would def. not let him be alone with my son anymore.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:16 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I think you should trust your instincts.
    Anonymous

• My husband says I'm ignorant and judgmental, and that he's just a nice guy. And they always want him to come over and spend the night. (my son) My SIL will say come on! Were both going through withdrawl, we miss him!
    Anonymous

• Trust your gut. The one time I had a feeling like that about some guy it turned out to be right. My oldest son's aunt on his father's side was with this guy. I got a really weird feeling about him. He ended up molesting one of her daughters.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• GIVING YOUR SON A BATH!!!! HEEEEELLLLLLL NO! MOM GET YOUR BRAINS ABOUT YOU!

you'd better get your son away from him until he proves your gut feeling wrong!!!!

GEEEEES!!!!
    Anonymous

• Tell you SIL your son has homesickness and doestn want to be away from mommy right now
    Anonymous

• trust your gut. I would rather feel bad for being "over protective" or "judgmental" then watch my child go through the emotional trauma of molestation. I was sexually abused as a child, trust me, trust your gut.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:34 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Mom, listen to your motherly instincts. This sounds bad to me! I would never allow him to give my son a bath I would have come unglued on SIL if that had happened! I agree with the post that said to make an excuse, tell her your son wants to sleep in his bed now and is going though some separation anxiety! Whatever you have to say to keep your son safe!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:34 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I agree with the others, trust your 'mom instinct'!!! Six months is not a very long time to be seeing someone or to get to know them. I certainly would question why a 'stranger' would give your child a bath (why did sil not do it??). I think it would be best if your child has limited (and supervised) contact with this person.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:45 PM on May. 1, 2010