I just found out my "first love" is getting a divorce... and I don't know what this feeling is I guess...

I was heart broken when we broke up. And less than a year after he was married (he hadn't been cheating lol).
They had a kid.
And now his wife has filed for divorce.
It is like this weird like, "Oh he's single, but I'm married" "now he will end up finding another girl to marry" and "why am I jealous that he will marry someone else, when I have a good guy, a kid, and our priorities seem so different?"
I just have these emotions that I feel like I shouldn't be having after over 5 years of not dating him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• He;s your ex for a reason.
    You should try to get those thoughts out of your head..you're MARRIED!
    Anonymous

• Hmm..I wonder why she filed for divorce. Just a thought?
    Anonymous

• You still love him deep inside but since you are married you need to let him go completely
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:20 PM on May. 1, 2010

• OP: I know... I mean it isn't like I even talk to him. The occasional FB comment lol. He lives 500 miles away, but I found out. It isn't like I want to be with him... It is just really weird. We only broke up when we did because we lived an hour apart and were super busy. And then I wonder, if we had stayed together, would that be me filing?

Anonymous

• So right now, you're head is smart, and your emotions are not.

Sometimes our emotions say stupid things to us, just listen to your head.
    Anonymous

• It is ok to kind of have a weird feeling about it. I still feel like i have some "love" for my first love but it doesnt surpass the love I have for my husband. You might just find yourself wanting him to be as happy as you are. Because you know deep down it doesnt hurt to say that you want the best for someone you love! Dont act on anything. tell him you hope he gets the life he deserves and leave it at that. Then go hang out with your hubby! You will feel better to tell him good things and then move it on. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• safe to be honest about it...not smart to make any desicions that can harm your family in any form.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I can understand the weird feeling. I have been with 2 guys, one of whom I married. I know where no1 is, have commented very occasionally on Facebook ( in a " hi, how you going, wow nice family pic" way), the lovely woman he married ( who I used to go to church with) and about his kids. I got the same weird feeling when he got married and when their babies were born. It isn't at all as if I wish I was there with him, just a kind of melancholy. that I recognise he was an important person in my life, and I want goof things for him.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:08 AM on May. 2, 2010