How do you make Sausage Gravy and Bisquits

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• cook your sausage up like ground hamburger, then take the meat out of the pan and put it on a paper towel. Use about 1/2 cup of the sausage grease and put in about 1/8-1/4 of a cup of flour into it, and mix it in with the grease, cooking it for a couple min, then wisk in your milk. I'd start with about 3 cups and let that thicken, and then add milk little by little until you get your gravy to the thickness you like it. Add your sausage back in....salt and pepper to taste!
    Meanwhile you should have had your bisquits in the oven while you were cooking the flour and adding the milk.
    you can refridgerate your left overs seperately then reheat in the micro!
    I've also done bacon gravy...and actually like it better than sausage IMO
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:25 PM on May. 1, 2010

• They do sell sausage gravy in a can.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 PM on May. 1, 2010

• http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/country-breakfast-gravy/
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:29 PM on May. 1, 2010

• 1/4 lb. pork sausage
    1/4 c. flour
    2 c. milk
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    Cook sausage until browned and crumbled. Drain off all fat except 2 Tbsp. Stir in flour,stirring constantly until browned and bubbly. Gradually whisk in milk, salt and pepper. Cook stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over hot biscuits.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:12 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I do the same as sandy, but add sage, garlic, chicken bullion, and red pepper flakes.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:31 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I brown sausage then sprinkle on a few (4 or 5 ish) tablespoons of flour to soak up the grease and coat the sausage. I then add milk and mix until I get the right thickness. Keeping in mind that it will thicken more as it cools. Salt and pepper to taste.

I usually use pilsbury flaky layers for biscuits.

Anonymous

• Same as Sandy's, but we crisp fry about 4 pieces of bacon in the pan, then remove that and brown the sausage in the bacon grease, then use the drippings from both for the gravy (which is why we don't make it all that often). Crumble the bacon in with the crumbled sausage.

If you're going to make biscuits from scratch, these have always turned out for us, but Bisquick is faster.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 PM on May. 2, 2010