picky eaters

so i live with 2 vary picky eaters, my husband and my son. my son won't eat anything that isn't sweet, a cold hot dogs, or cheese, or deep fried from McDonald's (not that i want him to eat that kind of stuff or let him.) and my husband wont eat any meat that had tendons still in it like stakes, all he want to eat is hot pockets, sloppy Joe's, pizza, and frozen burrito. i make food and they pick at it. but there's only so much one can take of those things lol. dose any one have any good recipes that i could use for my picky eaters????????? ps i can cook well my mom took collage classes on some fancy cooking to please my dad (her picky eater) and she taught me and my sisters.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 10:24 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• sheppards pie!
    mashed potatos on top of ground beef, corn and green beans in gravy! top with cheese! SO GOOD.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:27 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I love to make chicken wrapped in bacon and it has cream cheese and ranch in the middle its so good!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 10:39 PM on May. 1, 2010

• My son is the king of picky eaters...picky eaters just have over sensitive taste buds and are very hard to feed. My 5 yr will only eat corn dogs, hot dogs, some pizza's, has to be a certain type, brand or what have you. he will eat watermelon. He will eat the cotton candy flavor trix yogurt, but no other flavors. I could go on and on...It is very tough, I know!
    What about spaghetti made with sausage, not burger, king picky(my son) will eat spaghetti if it is made with sausage
    there's always meatloaf and mashed potatoes, there is a chicken casserole that is good..here it is.......
    cooked chicken(chunks) with cooked egg noodles(drained), add(cooked) broccoli with a can of cheese soup plus a can cream of mushroom soup add one can of milk, heat on stove top as you mix all the ingrediants together
    Allrecipes or the Kraft websites have good recipes, there you can go and look at ingrediants and decide what would be good
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:45 PM on May. 1, 2010

• First, you are most likely the one who shops and cooks. You do not need to cater to picky eaters. Prepare delicious, healthy meals and they will eventually get eaten. We use the three bit rule; you must eat three bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you prepare yourself whole grain bread with peanut butter and honey, with a kiwi or apple.

Your husband needs to grow up and set a great example for your child. Parent like him are why half of American children are over weight and undernourished; one third of the people born in this century will develop type 2 diabetes. Your family needs a lifestyle change. Meals need to be based on whole foods: whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fruts.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on May. 2, 2010

• We also don't cater to picky eaters in my house. BUT I do try to make one thing at each meal that each person likes. My daughter doesn't prefer pasta, but she will eat it if I make it with meat sauce. So I shred chicken and make my own homemade sauce with the chicken in it and put it on farfalle or penne pasta, bake it in the oven topped with part-skim mozzarella, and they love it. We make homemade burritos a lot. I brown ground turkey and season it with southwestern flavors, and then add in a can of fat free refried beans. I serve it with various tortillas (DD prefers taco shells, I use soft corn tortillas for me, and the boys get low fat flour tortillas.) then I shred lettuce, chop tomato, onion, jalapenos, and cilantro, and serve it with light sour cream, hot sauces, and shredded 2% cheddar. That way, its one meal but they can make it how they want it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:53 PM on May. 2, 2010