need some help may be tmi

so my period usually starts the 6th of every month but i started bleeding about three days ago and it is very heavy with dark red clots...i have been cramping and i usually dont...i dont know what to think or what to do...any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Health

• is it possible you might have been pregnant? Personally never experienced it but read that it's how miscarriages can be.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 11:49 PM on May. 1, 2010

• It does sound like a miscarriage. No one here can tell you for sure though, and it's important to your reproductive health to try and find out. A blood test can tell you if the pregnancy hormone is present. Also, if it is and you don't pass everything, you could get an infection. I think you should call your doctor.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 4:38 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I agree with acurran88. I miscarried and didn't know it for a month. Then I started discharging big clots and later found out that my cervix wasn't even open. I still had to have a D & C. I went back the next day because of pains, one of the many things wrong was a uterine infection. My baby had been in me for over a month after it had died and it caused and infection. Go to the doctor and get checked out. If your period came when it normally does, you still could have been a few weeks pregnant. So you don't freak out, you could have also just had a really heavy period as well. I have a few friends that have periods like you described every month. I've even had them like that every once in awhile. The cramps from those periods, didn't even compare to the contraction-like pain during my miscarriage.
    MBargie

Answer by MBargie at 5:45 PM on May. 4, 2010