I too am an illegal. Do you hate me too?

I was brought to the states at three years old. All the education I have had is American. Being married to an American man has made my spanish pretty bad. If I were to be deported this very second I would have absolutely no way how to get by down there. I dont know their laws, I dont know how their money works, and I dont really have family over there. All I want is to be legal, study and work legally. My husband and I have been trying but it is extremely hard because I am already here illegally. I am not a bad person! I dont break the law, I dont work illegally, I dont drive. My family is not on welfare, food stamps, medicaid, or wic! My husband makes good money so we dont need any of that. My son goes to school and does not receive free lunch. We are vegetarians so we pack his lunch. I dont drink, smoke, do drugs, I dont even drink soda. I write this to let people know that we are not all bad
continued..................

LucyT20

Asked by LucyT20 at 10:32 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't hate you, I just want you to go back to where you came from, fill out the paperwork, pay the fees and do it right like the millions of LEGAL immigrants have done. If you have lived here since you were 3, what has stopped you from becoming legal since you have lived here for so many years? Procrastination. Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Anonymous

• Good for you!!!I am so glad you posted this and I am sooooo glad you did not hit that Anon button
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• ..................continued........ and some of us did not choose to come here but now this is all we know. So to us this is home and I feel like I'm being kicked out of the only home I know. I didn't even know I was an illegal until I was 16. What am I doing to you that is so wrong? I was a good kid. got bumped up two grades as a kid and graduated high school at 16. I just want to be a pat of society.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 10:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• It's your parents fault. Now you will have to be reported and all because of your parents irresponsibility.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I believe people are all equal. And unless you prove to be a threat to the US, you should be accepted to be a legal immigrant and if you speak English, a citizen... I don't see any reason for all the hoops! That's not what this country was set up for.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 PM on May. 1, 2010

• If you were brought here as a 3-year-old, the thing to do would be to go to an immigration lawyer.

They can get you on a path to legal citizenship (where you can stay here) being brought here so young, without a choice, gives you a really strong case.

Definitely go see one and find your options.
    Anonymous

• It's not hate. At all. And i do believe that things should be done for people who are brought here against their will. However you are the minority in this very large problem.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:38 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I don't believe anyone hates anyone.
    Anonymous

• Anon10:36 are you reporting her? Really at least show your face!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:38 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Thanks delilahsmom1177! I actually sat here for a few minutes and contemplated on doing it anonymously. I'm glad I did too.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 10:38 PM on May. 1, 2010