Why are most of you so rude about this subject?

If a child under the age of 18months says a swear word and you think its funny just for the first time, why do you assume the parents are doing a terrible job of raising THEIR child?

My child said "shit" and i laughed bc she wasnt even 1 years old and i wasnt expecting that word to come outta her mouth. On tv i've heard "shit" used and my fiance has said shit a couple times, but why do most of you have to be so rude.

Im a fantastic mother! I just thought it was funny. It's not like she swears 24/7...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think it is funny too...i sometimes forget and say something around my dd....like tonight sha said "are you giving the dog a bath now?" and i said "no, it's you're turn first" then she walked off and said "ah damn it" i about died laughing :P
    Anonymous

• Stupid people...but I know what you mean it is funny at times but as long as you know when she could say this but you will know when too much is too much then you will have to tell her no no don't say that or even then just ignore it don't show her any reaction to it and it will soon fade away on its own...GL some people TRY to be soo perfect when they are really not.
    Anonymous

• ohh kids are funny with their "naught" words when they dont understand them...
    My dd is 3, she knows most bad words & knows not to say them, but sometimes she catches a few from other people & doesnt 100% understand...
    She spent the day with my sister. that night me,dh,dd where in the car & i was talkin to dh.. suddenly DD says "quit bitchin' momma".... "Momma, why you bitchin'"....
    OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We laughed so hard... obviously dd learned it from my sis & thought it had something to do with talking or whatever! WOW! We are so happy & excited when our kids learn "big" vocabulary words, yet sometimes we forget what a "new exciting" word to them is may be our nightmare!! hehe.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:09 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I don't think that parents are horrible parents because their kids say curse words. I find it funny when they use the words the correct way but mine still get in trouble when they use them. I believe that your child will always say the words you don't want them to the soonest and the clearest. My 2 year old has said damn it, shit, god damn, fuck, bitch, and some others that I can't think of right now.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:20 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Those who think it is funny...well it just goes to show you who has the light heart and those who think it is not funny ...well they have a constipated sense of humor, uptight and need to learn to "just chill" once in awhile.
    I have 4 kids and when they have sworn, I, after done LMAO will tell them not to use those words again and next time mommy won't laugh( but ya'probably will)
    Anonymous

• It is funny & unless your going to keep your kid locked in the house with you & everyone else being on their best behavior without tv or radio your child is bound to hear a bad word or too. As long as it gets addressed- thats all that matters!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:16 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Children model the behavior that they are exposed to.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 AM on May. 2, 2010

• True..but daycare,school,other family members are a big part of life.So its not ALWAYS the parents fault right?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:33 AM on May. 2, 2010