I took my toddler on an hour-long walk today, and didn't realize until we got home that her shoes were on the wrong feet!

Anyone else have any "bad mommy" stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anon, don't feel bad... last week, I went to get my daughter from her crib, only to find out she had vomited during the night!! I felt sooooo bad, but I didn't know she had vomited. I had to give her an early morning bath, to get the puke out of her hair! :-(
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:00 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Once I was spinning my son around outside, tripped over my own two feet and landed on him. I've also accidently fed him WAY spicy food.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:59 PM on May. 1, 2010

• To the OP that is not to bad, you will do worse things, lol. It is why God made children resilient and capable of not remembering.
    The worst I have done, I won't even talk about because then the post will go from your post to a bash fest for me....lol, really it will.
    When my last son was a yr old we were on a road trip and he was crying in the backseat, I figured he was hungry so I let him wait til we got to a place to eat (yep no snacks in diaper bag, bad mommy) so we get the car stopped and it turned out he had the "runs" I felt so bad that his poor red bottom sat so long in his diaper with poop and I didn't know, I thought he was hungry and no I didn't smell anything, until I unbuckled him from his seat.
    Anonymous

• Eh, shoes on the wrong feet are nothing. I let my preschoolers all wear their shoes backwards every day to school almost all year long, because "That's what all the cool preschoolers do Mommy." I am on my third year at this school with a 3rd child there telling me that same thing. LOL Whatever.. They are just shoes. If it bothers their feet, the kid will let you know.
    Here's a BAD mommy story: I just got my oldest DS's disclosure packet with ALL of his medical records from before I had him. When he was 9 months old he was taken to the ER because he had been crying non stop for 3 days. They asked what happened, and she couldn't remember. Her sister told the ER Doctor that he had fallen off a bed 3 days before, onto a concrete floor. No one was in the room at the time. They did a cat scan, and he had fractured his skull in the fall. THREE days IN PAIN before they took him in. Now THAT is a bad Mommy Moment!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:01 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Here are a couple of my own..
    Same kid as my story before, only this time home with his NEW Mommy. I let him go BMX biking. He went over the handlebars and hit his head on the hill ahead of him. (He WAS wearing a full BMX helmet) There was a small cut on his eyebrow, and no signs of brain injury. He even got back on the bike and went again. Now I look at the scar, and think, crap. I think we should have gone for stitches. Whoops. My Bad.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My other story involved a cheese grater, and a significant loss of flesh. Same kid. I took him to the Dr the next day. The Dr. said, "Well, if you had brought him straight in when it happened, I could have stitched this flap of skin back on so the scar wouldn't be so bad. It's a damn good thing my DS shows off his scars with pride, because I think I might suck at this parenting thing.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:07 AM on May. 2, 2010