I took my toddler on an hour-long walk today, and didn't realize until we got home that her shoes were on the wrong feet!

Anyone else have any "bad mommy" stories?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anon, don't feel bad... last week, I went to get my daughter from her crib, only to find out she had vomited during the night!! I felt sooooo bad, but I didn't know she had vomited. I had to give her an early morning bath, to get the puke out of her hair! :-(

Answer by Fallaya at 12:00 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Once I was spinning my son around outside, tripped over my own two feet and landed on him. I've also accidently fed him WAY spicy food.

Answer by lstrickland at 10:59 PM on May. 1, 2010

• To the OP that is not to bad, you will do worse things, lol. It is why God made children resilient and capable of not remembering.
    The worst I have done, I won't even talk about because then the post will go from your post to a bash fest for, really it will.
    When my last son was a yr old we were on a road trip and he was crying in the backseat, I figured he was hungry so I let him wait til we got to a place to eat (yep no snacks in diaper bag, bad mommy) so we get the car stopped and it turned out he had the "runs" I felt so bad that his poor red bottom sat so long in his diaper with poop and I didn't know, I thought he was hungry and no I didn't smell anything, until I unbuckled him from his seat.

• Eh, shoes on the wrong feet are nothing. I let my preschoolers all wear their shoes backwards every day to school almost all year long, because "That's what all the cool preschoolers do Mommy." I am on my third year at this school with a 3rd child there telling me that same thing. LOL Whatever.. They are just shoes. If it bothers their feet, the kid will let you know.
    Here's a BAD mommy story: I just got my oldest DS's disclosure packet with ALL of his medical records from before I had him. When he was 9 months old he was taken to the ER because he had been crying non stop for 3 days. They asked what happened, and she couldn't remember. Her sister told the ER Doctor that he had fallen off a bed 3 days before, onto a concrete floor. No one was in the room at the time. They did a cat scan, and he had fractured his skull in the fall. THREE days IN PAIN before they took him in. Now THAT is a bad Mommy Moment!

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:01 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Here are a couple of my own..
    Same kid as my story before, only this time home with his NEW Mommy. I let him go BMX biking. He went over the handlebars and hit his head on the hill ahead of him. (He WAS wearing a full BMX helmet) There was a small cut on his eyebrow, and no signs of brain injury. He even got back on the bike and went again. Now I look at the scar, and think, crap. I think we should have gone for stitches. Whoops. My Bad.

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My other story involved a cheese grater, and a significant loss of flesh. Same kid. I took him to the Dr the next day. The Dr. said, "Well, if you had brought him straight in when it happened, I could have stitched this flap of skin back on so the scar wouldn't be so bad. It's a damn good thing my DS shows off his scars with pride, because I think I might suck at this parenting thing.

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:07 AM on May. 2, 2010