what should i think and how should i take it?? kinda long but i really need help

my father in law is usually really nice and everything but since he got put on some kind of ptsd med (he was in war in 2005) he has been being an ass to everyone but me and my husband....well my husband is applying for college with the gi bill from the army from my fil...he came into the room and said to my husband i will help you apply when i see that jessica can stay at home and take care of the babies or if i am gonna have to call my aunt to watch them....i am very upset about it and i dont know what to think...i havent talked to him since then (about two days ago) even though we live with him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• You live with him? Gulp,,,does he have a favorite meal? Newspaper? I have some old Life magazines I could send you from the war time period! Sounds like he is spreading his rooster wings and showing off his muscles of being a male that survived in war and now wants kuddos from the family for what he can provide here. Give him his kuddos,,he earned it,,,,,tell him you guys are trying to do the best you can,,,,times are tough right now,, and jobs are hard to find,,thank him, over and over for his service in the military,,,make him some tea and tip toe away,,,just keep him happy hon,,,thats all he wants is to be remembered for his service, to know that his service was for a reason, and that his family is taken care of.....
    Anonymous

• I'm not understanding. Why does he think you can't take care of the babies? Do you work? Go to school? It's not making sense to me. I'd just ask him what he wants me to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 AM on May. 2, 2010